Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Hiking the Olympic Peninsula


Hiking is a definite must when visiting or living along the coast. I find hiking anywhere to help relax and ground me. Getting out on the trail or a made-up trail can be refreshing and stimulating for the body. Here are some of my favorite pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

This is Colonel Bob which is located near Quinault, WA. It is a tough trail- many switchbacks. But, it is raw just the way I like it. Well worth a day's hike. You will not make it to the top this time of year, the elevation is nearly 5000 feet. You will make it about 5 miles in to the trail and run into snow. Absolutely amazing and beautiful. Have a great one, and be sure to hike the trails in Quinault, WA. Hopefully, you will run across a herd of elk- a very possible chance of that as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment